Thursday, 2 February 2017

Out For Lunch : Jordans Mill

I have decided to do a new blog series where I write 'Out For Lunch' posts, reviewing and talking about places I have visited for lunch! Because even if you don't live nearby... who doesn't love being nosy and seeing what people have had to eat!

This week, my lovely Grandma and Grandad treated me to lunch at Jordans Mill in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. You will probably already know about Jordans from their granola. We have visited before, but they re-opened on Monday with a new re-vamped cafe. I think that the main change they have made is that it now feels more like a restaurant than a cafe. The food, in the words of my Grandma, "Could not be better" and on a warm summer day it is magical to be able to walk around the gardens after eating.


Me and Grandma love our olives. Every time we go out to eat we have to order some to share. We couldn't believe the size of this bowl when it arrived! It had a nice variety of olives that tasted so fresh and the most gorgeous sun dried tomatoes. For £2.50 I think these are amazing value!



Now for my main.. I had this delicious roast butternut squash, feta and bulgur wheat salad. It felt like every mouthful had so many different flavours, it was perfect! The butternut squash was warm whilst the rest of the salad wasn't, and I think this works so nicely. When we visited last year before the re-vamp, I had the Halloumi salad which was just as nice. They are nailing the vegetarian option!



Over all I would rate this lunch 5/5! I loved it.

Let me know where you have been out for lunch recently. I'd love to know and maybe I can try it too!

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS