Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Birchbox February 2017

Yesterday I received my second ever Birchbox and was again really happy with the products it included; I hadn't tried any of the brands before which is what I love about getting a subscription like this. This month, because Birchbox had teamed up with Papier, we got to pick which design we wanted. It was either this purple print or a green on white print. I love this design and will definitely be keeping the box for make up storage! 

Here are some mini reviews of what was in my box...


Spectrum Collections - Marbleous C06 Tulip Eye Contour Brush | RRP £5.99

This was an item that was in everyones boxes this month - I had seen it advertised on facebook and really looked forward to getting it. I have seen Spectrum brushes on blogs / youtube before, so I had high expectations. For a £5.99 brush; this is incredible. It's SO soft and I love the rose gold detail and trying this has made me want to start collecting them. I think this is an absolute bargain, it should be at least £15!


POP Beauty - Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Champagne Mocha | Full Size RRP: £15.50

The next thing I recieved was this little eyeshadow pallette from POP Beauty. I hadn't heard of this brand before finding it in my box, so I'm excited to try it out. All three colours are shimmer rather than matte, which I am okay with as I seem to have so many matte shades at the moment. From swatches, I think that the darker colour is very highly pigmented however the two lighter shades don't seem to come out as clearly. I think the middle tone would make a great highlighter. I do have to say though, I hate this packaging. I feel like it looks so cheap, especially since the full sized product sells at £15.50! But the packaging doesn't effect the product.. never read a book by its cover, eh?


Vasanti - Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator | Full Size RRP: £26

For some reason my little Birchbox leaflet printed the description to a shaving cream rather than what this product really is - so I don't know much about it. I tested it out last night and it is basically like an exfoliating cleanser. It isn't as harsh as any exfoliator I'm used to however it has a more gritty feel to it than my usual cleanser. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like it has really fine grains of sand in it. It feels like a deep clean and my face felt very fresh after using it.



Beaver Professional - Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner | Full Size RRP: £12

This is a hair conditioner that uses the benefits from avocado oil and aloe vera to repair damaged hair. I have a very bad habit of hardly ever getting my hair cut so the texture of my hair does get quite rough towards the ends. This stuff felt like magic on my hair, and even when I let my hair dry naturally it was easy to brush through in the morning. Love this stuff and I might look into buying the full sized product!


Keeome - Hydration Mask Therapy | RRP: £66 for 6 (Birchbox have an offer on for £29)

Lastly, I got this Korean sheet mask which has 'a hydrating blend of vital vitamins and mulberry extracts that sink straight into tired complexions'. Unfortunately, mine came damaged, but Birchbox were kind enough to send me another one and I look forward to using it! It says to leave it on for 25 minutes so I'm definitely feeling some Netflix and chocolate.


I am really enjoying getting these lovely boxes in the post every month. It is an affordable way to try out new products and so far all of them have worked miracles! Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes?


Kate x




No comments :

Post a Comment